Monday, May 08, 2006

Crackerjacks

I think this will be my last post for this particular blog. The world is a vampire, after all, set to drain. At least I think that's what Billy Corgan was singing. Hard to tell sometimes, when people sing, or even when they talk. Marlon Brando was a great mumbler, for example, but if you don't have one of of this nifty captioning options on your tele it can be HELL to determine what the man is actually saying! Except when he bellowed "Stella", of course.

I am channeling gynormous (not a real word that I know of) amounts of rage in my quest to move out of this limited, confined, damned annoying life I am currently living. I feel like I am about to do something rash, like bury my landlady and my entire family underneath three tons of concrete, then make little sculptures out of them. Yes, I am kidding! Everything needs a qualifer these days. Anyway, I fled the house this morning and sat by the window at the local Bruegger's, soothing myself with cream cheese and their tasty coffee while observing interesting human beings. Far better than sitting around listening to the incredibly loud Hausfrau talk until she's blue in the face. You could hear the woman in Cleveland.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Sorry, that just had to be said.

In exciting news, I tried to check out a DVD only to discover it was cracked. It had the word "Night" in the title and was about a poet from Cuba. Too bad, 'cause it seemed really interesting. Life is full of these little disappointments, is it not?

Here I am again! Time lapse, isn't that exciting?? Dr. Who knows of what I speak. I am actively trying to find a new place to live and a real, live, wonderful job. This must happen soon, or else I think I am going to go insane. The only wonderful news is that my landlady is leaving for THREE WHOLE DAYS, PEOPLE, and even though everyone and their dog is sick of me and my pathetic problems I am doing what I can.

And how are all of we? Goood, good, good. I am reading a WAY interesting book about an Englishman who ended up becoming a woman who lived in Charleston, SC during the days when people just didn't do that, plus she married a black man (she was white.) Really great stuff, very well written, called Peninsula of Lies. I am always interested in these sexual identity story things -- they're fascinating, what can I say.

Well, I must run. May your weekend be as spiffy as you are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering about that book you mentioned. I have long been thinking that maybe I was not meant for this gender, but I don't think I could ever go though with that operation! I was made male, so male I stay, but I do so wonder what the life of a woman would be like. "Peninsula of Lies" Thank you for the tip! Now, if I could only get out to see the "New Moon" movie. *sigh*